We had a lot of fun yesterday for Halloween even though nothing went as planned. Calli didn't nap, I took too long baking for the party, we didn't get to meet some friends we'd planned to but ran into others, and was over an hour late to the party we were invited too. We are lucky we to have such forgiving friends.
This is our best family pic. Not many other adults dressed up but we hadn't done something like this in so long that we had fun dressing up too.
We through together simple costumes we could from things we had or could borrow. Calli was a cowgirl - only the second time ever she has let me french braid her hair. I was a hippie - pretty easy when you have naturally frizzy hair, an old pair of jeans with holes in the knees, and an ugly shirt from the thrift store. Rob was a tourist - socks with sandals and all. And Juliana was our little pumpkin.
David's face looks more scared on the ride but maybe that is because his pants are falling off, haha!
We went trick-or-treating at a shopping center that was open to kids. Calli was too timid to say trick-or-treat or even hold the bag but I had fun trying to help her enjoy the whole experience.
Here's our little pumpkin. I guess I'd give that look too seeing all these crazy people and kids running around in funny costumes for no reason.
This next picture is of our friends Shalynna and David. The had the most originally costume I've ever seen and I thought it was awesome! They're on a theme park ride!
Here is a pic of both girls knocked out in the car when we got home. .. I thought is was hilarious how Calli's foot was in Juliana's face. She'd never put her foot up like that before. Natural siblings even when they're asleep.
Yay for holiday fun and great family memories.

No comments:
Post a Comment