So first of all, what kind of a name is Paloma? I've never heard that before. Rob says it sounds like a benign tumor. he he. Well benign it was because we all survived here. We already told most of you all about the storm so I'll spare you the story all over again but I thought these pictures were kind of funny. This is Rob saving Calli's whale pool. I love how the whale is smiling too. Hahaha!
In the next picture Rob had walked over to the edge of the yard to get a bag of garbage. You can see how deep the water is there. It was almost over the edge of his boots and he was on his tippy toes on higher ground along the fence.
The other picture here is of our neighbor Carl's studio apartment that is in the same yard behind us. He is smart and escapes to a friends house whenever there is a big storm but we still feel bad for the guy. That would be nerve racking to see the water less than an inch below your doorway!
Anyway, sorry we don't have cooler pictures of palm trees on the ground and the gigantic potholes that appeared in roads over night... but we have to leave something to the imagination. :)

Hey, we'd love to catch up with you guys. We'll be in Boise from the 18th to 20th. Then off to Idaho Falls and then back in Boise the 2nd to the 15th. I bet we'll see you at church too. Aren't your parents in Brent's mom's ward?
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow! Was the water that close to your front door? I'm glad you all made it through with no permanent damage or serious danger...
ReplyDeletePaloma is the Spanish word for Dove. Not sure why they picked it for a storm!
ReplyDelete