
We had a combined gift for the girls and decided to give it to them the weekend in between their birthdays so that they would know it was for both of them. So Saturday morning we had them hide in our room while we set up their new toy kitchen and set a few dress up things we had also gotten for them. It was fun to surprise them.

On Juliana's birthday we went to Mall of America for our first time with some friends. I was bugged at myself for forgetting the camera. We had a good time although a bit short to accommodate nap times. That place is Huge! We only saw about a tenth of the whole mall. It was fun to go with good friends. They brought a muffin for her, put a candle in it and sang happy birthday. It was cute.
Juliana wasn't near as particular about what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. In fact I bet she could care less. She just likes to eat it. :) But I wanted her cake to be special too. She is obsessed with DumDum suckers. She calls them "pops." So I made one to look like a lollipop. It is brown because I had a ton of left over Frosting from making Calli's cake. I had messed up following the recipe for the frosting and had to double it to correct my mistake. ;P Anyway, I think it turned out cute.

Last year on her birthday she got upset when we lit her candle and we just kind of passed it off because she was just 1. This year she also got very upset and scared. It was very clear she did NOT want anything to do with birthday candles. We don't really know where this fear came from. She has been around a fire and roasted marshmallows and was fine. Regaurdless we were not going to force her. You can tell in this next video she had just been crying. She is still clinging to daddy but at least she let us sing to her and her pretend candle. :)
It is always fun to watch kids open gifts.

I love Juliana's adorable face when she is excited. This barn was her prized birthday gift.
She was just TOO CUTE dancing and singing along with her farm barn music. I'm so glad we have it on video but I'm sad it is barely to big for me to post. I wish I could share it with you.
It is always fun to celebrate or kids. We enjoyed the birthday's but Mom is glad its over and now I can catch up on other things and maybe relax a bit if I'm lucky. :) We have had some fantastic warm spring weather. I thought I would share this last picture of our back yard. Okay maybe I'm bragging a bit. It is so cool to have a big field and play ground right out our back door. We like living here.
Will someone please tell me why the format always messes up in my posts? It doesn't keep the spaces and looks different than when I preview it before my post. It is really annoying.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to both your cute girls. I am glad they had good Birthdays!
ReplyDelete