Although she is still the size of a 6 year old my baby girl turned 4 on March 9th. We had a lot of fun making a special day for her. Birthdays have been more fun as she has gotten older.
There is an awesome zoo really close by so I took Calli there for her birthday. It was also really fun that our cousins got to join us. :) The girls always have a good time with them because Calli and Esther are good friends and Leah is the same age as Juliana and they can play too.

They were playing by this penguin statue for a while. It was cute to watch them pretend with them.

There is a hands on kid area that the girls really enjoy. They got to "plant" flowers, make it rain, and figure out what food is fed to which animals. Juliana always loves to play in the water and gets soaked.

It was a great fun. After the zoo we went home, relaxed and took naps in the afternoon. Calli surprisingly requested "the meat that is a loaf" so we had that for dinner. She was waiting so patiently for Daddy to get home so we could have cake and ice cream and open presents.

I had asked her before her birthday what kind of cake she would like. She told me a triangle cake with strawberries. I thought it was random but I went with it. I tried to make a pyramid so it would have four triangles because she is 4. That is what you get when you mix a four year old's obsessive compulsiveness with her moms. Hahaha. This is what I came up with. Not too bad if I do say so myself.
She was a sweetheart on her birthday. She was amazingly good, very polite, and shared her new presents really well with her sister! So sad it didn't last. :P But her birthday was a lot of fun and we are looking forward to celebrating Juliana's next week!
grrr... for the life of me I can not get that text below Calli's pic instead of to the side of it! humf. It isn't worth my time.
ReplyDelete